Kingston Hockey League (KHL) - Constitution
1.0 Club Name:
The name of this Club is the Kingston Hockey League. In this Constitution, By-Laws, Policy Statements and Rules, the League will be identified as KHL.
1.1 League Promotion and Communication:
The official web site is www.hockeykingston.com
- To promote, encourage and govern Adult Hockey within the boundaries defined by the By-Laws and/or Policy Statements and Rules.
- To represent the mutual interest of all KHL Members.
- To promote sportsmanship, respect for Members, League Officials, Timekeepers and Referees.
- To promote hockey as a game primarily played for enjoyment while providing a differentiation in competitive play for varying age and skill levels
- To work cooperatively with the City of Kingston and its By-Laws to ensure long-term use of City facilities for the KHL
- To act as a non-profit organization
- To support and align with the objectives of the Canadian Hockey Association
1.3 Operating Documents
Broadly refers to any organization's founding document setting out its objectives and mode of operation
Practices and procedures used as governance for Club. Changes can only be amended at a General Meeting with the approval of the membership.
3. Policy Statements and Rules
Directions and regulations developed by the organization that promote the safety, security, and welfare of members, property, and assets. Changes may be amended by the Board of Directors at any time.
Upon dissolution of the Club, the net assets which remain, after payment of all costs relating to the dissolution or wind up, shall be distributed to such charitable organization as the Directors shall so determine.