KHL Rules & Suspensions
(updated September 2016)
The League is intended to be a non body contact organization that promotes a spirit of sportsmanship, player safety and fair play. The Leagues Rules are set by the League Executive, based on the input received from the Referee's Association and the Membership.
League officials, Team Representatives and Members are required to enforce these rules and ideals, on behalf of the League Executive. Should a Member have any concerns relating to these rules or ideals, their interpretation or enforcement, these should be directed to the Leagueââ‚¬â„¢s President or Head Convenor.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
A. LEAGUE COMPOSITION
C. TEAM REGULATIONS
D. TEAM REPRESENTATIVE REGULATIONS
E. PLAYER REGULATIONS
F. PLAYER SUBSTITUTIONS
G. REFEREE REGULATIONS
H. TIMEKEEPER REGULATIONS
I. GAME REGULATIONS
J. REGULAR SEASON FORMAT
K. PLAYOFF FORMAT
L. DISCIPLINE (Suspensions)
N. RESTRUCTURING OF DIVISIONS
A. League Composition
1. The League will be made up of Competitive Divisions and Gentlemenââ‚¬â„¢s Divisions. Each will include as many divisions and teams as desired by the League Executive. Each Season will end with Annual Meeting set by the League President no later than 45 days of the fiscal year end, which is the 30th day of June.
2. Generally, the composition and intent of the divisions will be as follows:
a) Competitive Division 1, 2, 3, 4 as needed: Players of a descending level of ability of ages 18 or older. Players must be in good standing with the league, check with Head Convenor or the League President.
b) Gentlemen's Division: Players shall comprise of ages 35 years and over as of December 31 of each year. There will be no set maximum age limit. Players must be in good standing with the league, check with Head Convenor and League President as players may be determined not suitable for the Gentlemen's Division.
*see note later in this document regarding player eligibility
3. The League shall have an operating committee, called the League Executive, consisting of the President, Vice-President or Head Convener, and Head of Disciplinary. The operating committee members shall be given a monetary allowance, as determined by the President,
1. A Team Representative will be responsible for registering their team to the league by the 25th day of August of that season to be played.
2. The Team Rep will then be informed of the team cost for that season and have set deadlines for the fee's to be paid in full. Failure to comply may result in the team not being registered to play for that season.
3. Individual players can register by sending a New Player Form to the Head Convenor to be put on a list called Free Agent Player List on the league website in hopes to find a team.
C. Team Regulations
1. Teams will be comprised of 18 players, that includes goalies and skaters. Any request for a larger roster then 18 should be made in writing by letter or email to the Head Convenor. All players are to be approved by the League Executive atleast 7 days prior to the teams first game of the season by submitting a roster to the Head Convenor.
a) Competitive Divisions: players 18 years of age or older and to be confirmed with the League Executive to be in good standing with the League.
b) Gentlemen's Divisions: players 35 years of age or older and to be confirmed with the League Executive to be in good standing with the League. Any players served with league probation papers may not be accepted to play in the Gentlemen's Division.
2. Any teams late in payment of League Fee's may have games forfeited until fee's are paid in full or may be removed from the League for that season to be determined by the League Executive.
3. If a teams play is deemed unsafe for other teams, that team will receive a warning. If the problem persists deemed by the League Executive that team may be removed from the League without refund. Players would also be put on a list and must request reinstatement to the league in any future seasons.
D. Team Representative Regulations
1. The team representative shall be responsible for the collection of League Feeââ‚¬â„¢s set for that season. A team representative must be approved by the League Executive.
a) Any late payment costs may be added to a teams League Fee's 7 days after the set payment date (see section B line 2),as well as every 30 days after if not already removed from League play that season by League Executive.
E. Player Regulations
1. Players must be within the age requirement of the Division to play (see section C line 1 a & b)
2. Player must in good standing with the League, contact the Head Convenor for any info.
3. A players conduct is monitored by the League Executive every season, any player not behaving in proper conduct of the league rules or deemed to be unsafe for the League may be removed from the League without warning by the League Executive. league President reserves the right to be remove any player or team as he/she deems for the safety of the League and its Members.
F. Player Substitutions
1. If during the Regular Season a team knows it will be short players, less than 10 skaters not including the goalie, they can request some substitutes from the League
a) Division 1: any Division players that aren't in Division 1 already.
b) Division 2: players from Division 3 and below, as well as the Gentlemen's.
c) Division 3: players from Division 4 and below, as well as the Gentlemen's.
d) Gentlemenââ‚¬â„¢s: players from Division 2 and below that are ages 30 and older.
e) For goalie substitutions we also have a Goalie Pool listed on the League website.
f) In the Playoffs players can't be substituted accept for goalies. A substitute goalie can only play once per Playoff Series, unless deemed by League Executive as an Injury replacement.
g) all substitutions must be approved by a League Executive prior to the game.
2. An injury replacement for a player for the remainder of a season can be requested to the League Executive, as well as a player whom hasnââ‚¬â„¢t paid their Team Feeââ‚¬â„¢s.
* Must be approved by the League Executive.
G. Referee Regulations
H. Timekeeper Regulations
I. Game Regulations
J. Regular Season Format
K. Playoff Format
N. Restructuring of Divisions