Posted By: KHL
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Congratulations and thank you to our Division Sponsors!
Division 1- Go TK Inc.
Division 2- Jack Astor's
Division 3- Rundle & Lowi Mortgages
Division 4- SurNet Insurance Group
Gents Division- Gan Chev
Please consider these sponsors when you are making any purchases that they can provide service for!
Posted By: Head Convenor
Thursday, September 07, 2017
A couple reminders about appeals
- Suspension can be appealed by the Team rep only. This is done via email with any information that the rep would like the league to consider. Teams reps are asked to wait at least 12 hrs after the game before filing an appeal. (It takes longer to actually issue the suspension)
- There is no face to face appeals and team reps cannot appeal a suspension decision for a player not on their roster. (ie. Appeal an opposing player's suspension so it is longer)
- The appeals process takes a while so suspensions of under 5 games cannot be appealed.
- The only reasons a suspension would be reduced is if;
- the referee decides there was a mistake with the official game record.
- another off ice or on ice official provides new information that was not considered at the time the suspension was given out.
- if the referee suggests that the suspension is too harsh for the infraction.
- there was an error in the application of the league rules when the suspension was issued
- In the event, a player was suspend under rule which provides the Head of Discipline the authority to suspend within a range of games, then the appeal will likely be reviewed by an independent person appointed at the beginning of the season.
- The governing and overruling principle in all discipline rulings will the be safety of current and future players.
- When requesting an appeal a player must be aware that they may received a longer suspension or fine if new information is discovered. Such as, but not limited to;
- past history of dangerous play
- physical or verbal abuse of officials (on or off ice)
- actions during the game that were not previously reported.
- if the players refuses to leave the ice or their poor conduct off the ice once removed
- damage to private or city property
|2017-18 Season League Leaders|